Monday, December 13, 2010

Inching My Way Back

Since my last post things have improved greatly. My low back is mostly pain-free as is my hamstrings and glutes. The major difference is the addition of 4-5 days a week of lower and upper body strength sessions. I am really focusing on my abdominals and glute muscles.

I have been running three or four days a week at 30 minutes a shot. I did manage to get in an hour snowshoe run one day and just last Friday night Dave Schude and I ran the snowmobile trails and single track of Lester for just shy of an hour. The last run I did was on Saturday for 32 minutes on the treadmill. Once or twice a week on the treadmill will be a good idea for sometime as it will allow me to spice up some of the runs with a little faster pace running and keeping safe from the ice.

I hope everyone is keeping warm and safe on the roads. Happy running.

Years Total: 2163 miles

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yes, I would say that you are inching your way back. I need to be more like you and start doing some workouts on the mill. I just don't enjoy it as much as running outside. I would love to do some snowshoeing too...great cross training and will allow me to get outdoors:)

Keep at it! Take care! Just in case you don't post before the holiday... I hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!