Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sore Feet... Dead Legs

I have mentioned in past posts about the difficulty I am having with sore feet. Most recently I have been having sore ankles and sore lateral aspects of my right foot and sore medial calcaneous soreness. I had the chiropractor do some adjustments and all seems to be jivin'. 

When I woke up Tuesday I knew that running was going to be a major "chore". I watched the news for thirty minutes and decided to put on my gear and head for UMD and go for a swim. I was glad I did as swimming hits some major muscle groups that I need to be working. I also did a bit of aqua jogging to make up the time.
Tuesday's Totals: 36:30 of swim and aqua jogging.

As for this mornings workout, I needed to get my mid-week medium distance run. Not going to happen this morning, outside at least. The treadmill is oh so nice on days like this. After a warm up of two miles I set the speed at 8.5 mph and never got comfortable. I had a constant feeling of "lead legs" that never got fluid.  I wanted to make the distance but bailed out at 8.5 miles. The thing about treadmill running is when things are going bad it is too easy to bail out. Had I committed to a mid-distance loop I would have had to complete the run to get home. Now being on a treadmill I didn't "have" to finish the distance so jumping off at an hour was easy to do. ( maybe I'm just a puss, but you get the point)

Totals: 1:00:54  8.5 miles

No comments: