Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hartley Singletrack

Today's schedule called for an easy recovery day. I wanted to get off of the roads and Hartley was calling my name. My wife ran there yesterday and mentioned the trails were in good running shape. I wore a pair of Brooks flats and added a pair of "get-a-grips" and that seemed to work quite well. My legs felt pretty decent. My right achilles was a bit tight at first, just a reminder how fragile that old injury is and how I need to monitor it day by day. My path actually crossed with fellow DRC teammate and Duluth trail/ultra stud Chris. (he won the Superior Trail 50 and was runner-up at the Voyageur 50 in 2007) It is quite rare to meet another person in this trail cluster, especially at 0545. We chatted a bit and continued on our own agenda for the morning. In the end I covered about 45 minutes and was happy how I felt. Possibly more snow today or tonight.

Totals: 45:00 ~ 6 miles

No comments: