Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sweetness

The title holds two purposes. One, today marks my wife Kari and my sixth anniversary. I love you babe! It also says the way I felt after today's run, which is the purpose of this blog.

I've been following my heart rate closely since I started training again on July 1st. I didn't have specific "zones" but I knew how and at what HR to stay at when doing easy days. What I didn't know would be the fact I was running my hard efforts too hard for this point in my training. Now, for the past two weeks I have been a bit more aware and starting to focus in on specific HR "zones" and will have a better focus after my HR Max test this up coming week. As I mentioned earlier this week, this theory would  come from the "Hadd-training" link I was exposed to. It's either a complete coincidence or it really works. I would love to think the later.

Today I was to get at least ninety minutes and start inching my Sunday long runs closer to two hours. I was excited to get this run under way and couldn't catch anybody to join me so off I went. Like I mentioned, I don't know my true HR max yet so today's intensity was a close "guess" and I would make the decision to focus my HR at 145 bpm and no more. The course I chose would offer some of the best runnable trails Duluth has to offer as well as some road sections to keep the distance honest. I had a decent amount of time running 'down' as I live higher than the lake and that was where I was headed. Once I hit Superior street at the bottom of Lester ski trails I would be running in complete down pour smiling like my three year old son as he splashes in the puddles. One of those runs where you know things are improving and you become excited about the future. One day, week at a time.

Totals: 1:40:06  13.3 miles  (HR 135)  7:33 pace.

Weeks Totals: 52 miles (6 runs)
Years Totals: 1464 miles

2 comments:

Dave Schuneman said...

hey man, thanks for the inquiry! did have much positive to report so i guess i forgot. i'll be sure i've a read up for you by late this afternoon.

Dave Schuneman said...

i meant did NOT

anyway, i completed the recap

keep things going as you're looking good from what i'm gathering