Sunday, September 7, 2008

Espresso and Running

I usually use are espresso machine at times of desperate need. Today was one of those days. We woke up this morning and drove downtown to watch the Duluth Minnesota Mile. The weather conditions were terrible with rain, cool winds and slippery brick streets. It still looked like fun and my mile race will be put on hold for yet another year.

I slept near twelve hours last night and remained tired. After the mile I just slept on the couch watching TV and my son ripping around the living room. My wife went for a run and I was to be next. That's when the espresso machine made its way out of storage and into operation. Ironically the sun decided to show itself and Lucas and I walked around the yard while waiting the arrival of mom. Suddenly I was beginning to feel better. The espresso worked!

Once Kari was home I put on my clothes and head to the trails. I couldn't handle the thought of running open roads. One half loop into Rock Hill and I ran into Jarrow, fresh off of the Burrito Union 10 hour endurance event, looking to get some easy miles in. We hooked up and ended getting a decent run in the trails of Rock Hill and Hartley. As the run progressed I started to feel better. I am most satisfied with my legs becoming a lot more fresh most days. (I haven't felt that for years) In the end I ran for ninety minutes. A good series of stretches and leg exercises would complete my day.

Totals: 1:29:39  ~ 11 miles

Saturday: 7 miles with Chris

Weeks Totals: 43 miles (5 runs)
Years Totals: 1412 miles

No comments: