Friday, July 10, 2009

Optimistic Choice

Friday:
Golden rule number one: Don't make a decision about running (exercising) when you are still lying in bed. Give yourself the chance and get up and go to the bathroom or go to the kitchen and get a drink of water at the very least. The second rule I try to live by is get out the door and give your legs at least one mile of effort before throwing in the towel. I mention these rules because I had to use both of them this morning just to get going. I'm not sure why, as I had a super night of sleep and my legs felt very good yesterday.
The run started off very slow but I remained optimistic as my first mile or so is always slow. Once the second mile was approaching by body was ready to go so I switched direction off of Skyline and made my way up Kenwood to the Hartley trails and ran a short loop before making my way home. All felt good, really good at the end, except the right glute and low back. (I still need that massage)
I am happy with the short loop this morning and should have a good weekend of running ahead.

Totals:46:50 6.1 miles (trails/roads)


Thursday:
Ran upper Woodland neighborhoods and out to Arnold road and Martin before making my way home via Vermilion. The day of rest paid huge as most of the achilles soreness is gone. My right glute and hamstring are nagging me as of late and I need a massage!
Legs felt super and I had to keep the pace down as today was not a "marathon pace" workout day.

Totals: 1:00:12 8.4 miles


Wednesday:
After waking up and walking around a bit I decided to give the achilles and legs a break and stretch them out instead. No harm in a mid week break.

O miles

No comments: