Saturday, October 25, 2008

Beat The Weather

It sure wasn't in the plans to run longer this morning but when I heard the potential weather heading our way tomorrow it forced me to make some quick adjustments for the weekend. (i hate to say it, but it's rain, wind, and SNOW)

Temps were comfortable around 40F and just a little wind from the SW. My course took me out to some country roads near Lakewood and returning via east Skyline, aka. Hawks Ridge. Once I made it near my house I was a bit shy on time and added a quick loop in Rock Hill trails. The first forty minutes of this run were very miserable. High HR, legs dead and breathing way to high for the pace running. It was then I took a Power Gel and washed it down with some water. Within ten minutes I was feeling much better and finished the run without any troubles. Weird.

Totals: 1:53:37   15 miles   (HR 136)  7:38 pace

No comments: