Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Not So Long Run

Today was supposed to be a bump in time for my long run of the week. That didn't happen. What did happen was a serious increase in intensity. I did a group run that was a bit faster than my usual Sunday runs, at least in early February. Once I had a flavor of the pace I immediately changed my overall run time down a bit to adjust for the increase in intensity. I thought it would be counterproductive to run both farther and much faster in the same weekend. For the most part things felt good. I really got beat up on the downhills. My left hamstring was screaming but soon after the hills all felt good and the 6:30 miles were doable. Next week will be back to the basics, and I will focus on getting my two mid-distance runs and one good longer run next weekend. Thanks for an interesting run fellas.

Totals: 1:29:00  ~13 miles

Weeks Totals: 43.5 miles
Years Totals: 259 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you this weekend Gregg. I think you ran more than 13 on sunday too! Stay healthy and see you on the roads.
Tony